Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sundays are the golden day of the week






Although yesterday was pancake day, which is how a perfect day starts, Personally, i love Sundays. i think they are the perfect day to just sit on the couch, and just veg out eating junk food and catching up on my soap's( Gilmore girls, Grimm, and i can't forget that Sunday is the best day of the week to catch movies on TV!) yes i am a true couch potato at heart.

So today, my sister and her boyfriend traveled to portland maine, on a trip to take pictures for their photography projects. Having been there a few years ago when i was about 13, she is slightly familiar with the area. One thing i remember from that trip? It was where i ate my first red velvet cupcake ever. So, Portland has a special place in my heart for introducing me to my favorite dessert of all time. i have never found a cupcake to match that of the Two fat cats bakery red velvet cupcake.
well of course my sister has to bring some home for us,

Now, unfortunately back in the day i was not as smart as i am now, and i wasn't interested in my digestion's health, just as long as i could eat a cupcakes from that bakery i was happy even if i developed a severe stomach ache. Now, if it only had a little bit of dairy in it, i would be fine with it, but it doesn't. These cupcakes scream butter cream and all sort of fats and oils my Whey allergy and IBS cannot handle. I had to make do  with what i had. Thus, i created a vegan red velvet Frozen yogurt that's so simple you can make it whenever!

Vegan red velvet frozen yogurt
Serves 1

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder + 1/2 tsp
  • 10 drops of red food coloring
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp almond milk
place all items in a blender until smooth
serve with your favorite toppings!

Now you may have noticed threes a lot more cocoa powder than you would put in a regular recipe for red velvet, rest assured, banana has a very strong taste, that is really hard to mask, so in order to hide the flavor i had to put in excess.

do you remember the first time you had your favorite food?
leave a comment, I'd love to know!
I just remember being absolutely flabbergasted by the sheer delicious taste of that red velvet cupcake. By the end of that weekend, we had bought 18 cupcakes in 2 days!



No comments:

Post a Comment