Thursday, December 22, 2011

somedays you just can't win

for instance,
not all of your pictures will come out good.
like this one:
Pumpkin nog oatmeal with blueberries and chia seeds
it tastes much better than it looks...trust me. now, i was attempting to get more into the Christmas spirit though i am not really sure if it tastes like egg nog, seeing as how I've never had it before! all i really know about egg nog is that it flavored with allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. so it was in a way a shot in the dark. now if you are also in the mood for a breakfast full of holiday cheer then be sure to check out my gingerbread oatmeal. as you all know, i am more partial to gingerbread :)
in other news.....
i finally got to try chia seeds! i actually really like them, they have no flavor, add bulk to food, and absorb tons of liquid. Chia seeds have always intrigued me, just the fact that they're so versatile you can make them into crackers, put them in soups, in oatmeal, yogurt, etc. and they're full of important plant proteins, fiber, and omega 3's. so I'm interested to see how they play out in my food.

okay, so one thing i did not expect for Christmas, was a cold! i feel so gross, my throat hurts, i am tired, I've been skipping out on workouts left and right it's awful. i feel as though its covered the entire school, last night i fell asleep at 6:30 and woke up at 9. and then, since i took a nap i was up until 1 and i woke up every hour and at 4 o clock i actually got up thinking it was six and i made breakfast. then i actually looked at the clock and realized the time.
so because of that, it was a long day. so when i got home i needed a snack to pick me up

and with that, i am going to go sleep until Christmas
ONE MORE DAY TILL VACATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment