Saturday, September 17, 2011

first post jitters! welcome to the blog!



+Or should i say welcome to  myself?


i am a high school student in my late teens who has been a vegetarian the past year, and a vegan for six months. but for now, I'm back to being veg :)

for my first post ever I'm going to talk about something very important: protein
for vegetarians an vegans, protein is essential, but because you don't eat meat, or animal products, it may be hard to get that important protein.


so, one of my favorite sources of protein is:

chobani yogurt, has up to 18 grams of protein with only 7 grams of sugar.

now, i like the plain flavor BECAUSE  i do not like the flavored kind of yogurt. it has INSANE amounts of sugar in them. next time you go to the grocery store, take a look at the nutrition facts on the other Greek yogurts from chobani yogurt. they can have up to 19 grams of sugar in them. 
i prefer to make my own little yogurt concoctions because the plain doesn't taste very good.




here are some of my favorite yogurt ideas

  • i add 4 packets of equal, with 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a sprinkle of cinnamon
  • maple syrup with 1/4 cup of fiber one cereal, to add some fiber to it!
  • fruit! cut up any kind of fruit you want and just throw it in!
  • this is a new one i just recently picked up fromundressedskeleton on tumblr where you put sugar free jello mix into it! its so delicious




so, yeah there's my first blog post with hopefully many more to come! i really want to document my healthy eating over the next year, along with how busy I'll be due to school and college searching. wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment