PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL?!
wow. just wow. and its vegan!
i woke up around 4:30 this morning since i have a hard time sleeping so i was feeling pretty low so i needed some sort of pick me up for breakfast which included a HUGE delicious peach and my new masterpiece, the pumpkin pie oatmeal
pumpkin pie oatmeal recipe:
- 1/2 a cup of uncooked oats, (i use a packet of oats with flax)
- 2/3 cups of almond milk ( i add a tsp of water along with this, i like my oatmeal soupy)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- sweetener ( i use 3 equal packets)
- 1/8 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp tofutti cream cheese
you can cook this according to how you like your oatmeal, i put mine in for about 2 minutes usually but for this i put it in for 2 minutes and 30 seconds
the thing about this oatmeal, compared to other pumpkin pie vegan oatmeal is the cream cheese, it defnitley adds a more creamy pie like taste, especially if you let it sit for 5 minutes the texture gets thicker. it really does taste like pumpkin pie and not just pumpkin with some oatmeal!
it was amazing. its such a good way of starting out fall. its vegan, and a very healthy alternative to regular pumpkin pie!
or if you just have a crazy pumpkin craving like i do its a simple quick fix!
till next time!